Beyer-Barber Company has served as consultant and
actuary to one of the largest self-insured teamster and employer sponsored
health and welfare plans in the country since that fund's inception in 1955.
Since that time our health and welfare practice has expanded to include
self-insured and insured plans of corporate, municipal, and not-for-profit
The services we offer include:
- FAS 106 and 112 Actuarial Valuation and Reporting Disclosures of
postretirement health and welfare benefits for our corporate and
- SOP 92-6 Actuarial Valuation and Reporting Disclosures of postretirement
health and welfare benefits for our multiemployer clients.
- GASB 43 and 45 Actuarial Valuations and Disclosures of postretirement health
and welfare benefits for our municipal clients.
- Incurred But Not Reported Reserve Determinations
- Hours Bank Reserve Determinations
- Extended Eligibility Reserve Determinations
- Self-Funded Health and Welfare Plan Rate Determinations for Active,
Retired and COBRA participants
- Cost Containment Analyses
- Healthcare Provider Reviews
- Medicare Part D (Prescription Drug) Attestations and Creditable Coverage
- Request for Proposal for Healthcare Vendors
- Analysis of acceptability of new employer groups for acceptance into
- Studies of cost impact of benefit design changes
- Data mining and development of Informatics reports